Monday, December 14, 2015

Rocket Math

Over the course of the past few months, I have been going through the fundamentals of a couple different programming languages with the hopes to be able to take my art to a new personal level. As I am just getting started, I look for small opportunities to try out things I have learned. My son has an exercise they do at his school entitled "Rocket Math", where they see how many simple addition problems they can complete in under a minute. This exercise is brought home and done with a simple white piece of paper and a pencil. I thought I'd take the concept and at least jazz it up a little - for him he hopefully gains a little more excitement out of doing the repetitive assignment and for me I get to try coding something small and doable in a quick turnaround. Click the image below if you want to try it (it's Unity Web Player which doesn't work on Chrome at this time - IE or Firefox works fine).

* Background image not created by me.  Music loop from flashkit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment